with Emily Sprang
WHAT IS A SOUND BATH?
A sound bath is an immersive experience for your mind, body, and soul. During the sound experience each person will be bathed with sounds and frequencies, as you relax into a deep meditative space. Through deep relaxation you dive inwards and become present with yourself. The sound bath experience intentionally disconnects you from external distractions and connects you with your physical body, mental headspace, and emotions arising within. The sounds reverberate throughout the body, expanding into the parasympathetic nervous system. By calming the nervous system you guide your body out of it’s fight, flight, or freeze stress response. This leads to the release of stress and trapped emotions within. By lowering the release of stress hormones, you allow your mind, body, and soul to become balanced.
WHAT TO EXPECT
You’ll want to arrive at the sound bath early and dress in comfy clothes! As you enter into the dimly lit space, you will find an area of the room you feel comfortable in and begin to nestle in. Many will lie on their yoga mat and place their head on a pillow or comfortable surface. You can cover yourself with a blanket, use a bolster under your knees, and even place an eye mask over your eyes to allow for complete meditation and relaxation. The sound healing experience begins with each person lying down or seated comfortably. You’ll be guided through deep breathing and visualization, entering a dream-like state. By tuning into your breath, you tune into your body. As the experience continues, the sounds are introduced. Using crystal sound bowls, tuning forks, gongs, and chimes each person is immersed with healing sounds and frequencies radiating through the body. As you immerse yourself in sound and frequencies, you will naturally begin to dive deeper into your body and arrive in the present moment. This full body experience allows you to get out of your head and enter your body.
● Sound healing counters stress and anxiety by activating the parasympathetic nervous system; Parasympathetic nervous system is your “rest and digest” mode
● Aids us in feeling gratitude, empathy, tenacity, love, sense of self and values, and love
● An active parasympathetic nervous system allows for restorative conditions and healing to the mind and body.
● Your awareness goes to the sound and your listening, allowing your brain waves to slow down and relax
● Emotions may surface and the sound and vibrations are effective in releasing these emotions
● Slows heart rate
● Reduces blood pressure
● Promotes deeper sleep
● Balances both hemispheres of the brain
● Helps connect with your higher self
● Strengthens your immune system
Click your desired date above to reserve your tickets. Space is limited so grab your tickets asap!
Bring a yoga mat, blanket, pillows, bolsters, anything that would be comfortable to lay on for the experience. If you have crystals you would like to bring for the experience, feel free to do so!
Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please do so within 24 hours of the event time to receive a full refund. If you do not show up or cancel within the 24 hour window, you will not receive a refund.